Sunday, December 7, 2008

Danger is my middle name

Amelia dictated her morning routine to me:

4:30 am--I think I would like to stand in my crib and scream for about an hour or so.

5:30 am--Sweet. I wore her down--now I get some milk.

5:45-6:45--OK. I'll pretend to sleep for a little more, but really I'm just saving up energy to begin screaming again.

7:00--Nice, I finally tricked him into coming to get me. Now I get to go downstairs.

7:01--Thanks for changing my diaper but I still would like to stick my stuffed cat in the dirty diaper while distracting you from putting on the new one by flailing around on the floor.

7:02--He left me. Does he really think he can run into the other room and back before I can get to the TV cord and start chewing on it?

7:03--I'm tired of that TV cord. Oh--there's a dog bowl over there. That's probably pretty clean. Oooo! this bowl is filled with water--I love splashing in water!

7:04--What's that in the middle of the kitchen? I think it is a piece of broken glass from a dish that they broke 3 years ago, that is somehow in the middle of the kitchen. I would like to chew on that. Wait--why did you pick me up?

7:07--Oh, do you think you can check your email while leaving me on the lion rug? OK. Let me sneak over here and pull up to the wood pile for a splinter snack. Sure pull one out of my mouth--I have another chunk of wood in my other hand.

7:10--You're still trying to check you email. OK let me crawl past my toy over to Yoda's kong. Mmmmm, was there peanut butter in this?

7:12--I saw that--you just looked at the clock! Are you serious--its not time for my nap yet.

And it goes on like that.

No comments: