Saturday, April 4, 2009

5 Random Finds...

Today Tom and I spent the day throwing out junk. Here is our problem: We are both pack rats - and when two pack rats get married... well, you get the idea. I think that when two pack rats get married they should be required to go on that show on TLC where they help you clean out all your junk. Anyway, I digress. I think Tom would agree that he is a worse pack rat than me and today while I was going through boxes of random slips of paper and knick knacks, my point was made. We only got in one minor argument when I was accused of going through "his stuff" that he had already sorted and I was "messing with." Here is a transcript of what seemed to transpire throughout the day:

T: "Wait, I've already sorted that box, what are you doing?"
H: "Okay, so what is this for?" (hold up some random item/piece of paper/bottle cap/dinosaur bone)
T: "Oh, you can throw that out."
H: (Say nothing - roll eyes. Toss said item purposefully into trash bag.)

While sorting through Tom's pre-sorted boxes, I decided to choose my five favorite finds and share them with you, dear reader, to prove my point that Tom is a bigger pack rat than me:

5. An invitation to a retirement party at Concord High from 1999. Apparently, Tom wants to remember partying like it was 1999. With retirees.
4. A cigar tube that contained about 50 pennies.
3. The garter from our friend Chris & Emily's wedding 6 years ago (or more? I"m not sure...)
2. A list of the specials from Damon's, the ribs place where Tom worked almost TEN years ago.
1. An MCI bill. How long ago did MCI go under? You get my point...

To be fair, Tom just called (he is still at home cleaning, while I"m at Grammie's w/Amelia - yes, I know he is a saint...) to report that he has found at least 7 tubes of neosporin, many unopened. All purchased by me. He said he thinks that if we ever have a house full of burn victims, they will be well cared for...

2 comments:

Ohio Irwin's said...

I'll stick up for Tom on the cigar tube with pennies. Our Grandma Vera use to stash these in the back of cupboards (usually filled with dimes though) 'just in case.' It was probably a carry over from living through the depression. This is my first house where I don't have one too. I should probably start putting them away given the current economic situation! As for the other stuff, he's on his own to explain the significance of those!

Edie said...

I need a cigar tube! Does anyone have one they can lend me for my dimes????