Thursday, July 21, 2011

Happy Anniversary

Amelia and Zoe,

This site is mainly about you but today it is about your mom. Happy Anniversary to Heidi!

We both have thought that you kids would read this one day and have a memory of what it was like when you were young. So here is a list of awesome attributes that your mom has.
  • She puts up with my passive aggressive plans to hardly ever do bedtime.
  • She lets me go away for a boys night from time to time.
  • She lets me go fishing.
  • When she goes for yoga or massage she leaves me with you both. This is amazing special time for the 3 of us even though it is also a relaxing time for Mom.
  • She lets Amelia and I watch Reali (Around the Horn) together.
  • She always is buying new clothes to look even more beautiful.
  • She lets me go on bachelor party fishing trips even though she knows that it is not so much a bachelor party but a married man party.
  • She appreciates when I clean the sink.
  • She really appreciates when I clean the cat box. (Something I declared, like many men, that I would never do.)
  • She doesn't get mad when I tell her that her makeup needs some adjustment or that the pants she has on (at 6:30am) have a huge spot of strawberry yogurt on the bum.
  • She wakes up to talk with me about my anxiety even though I know that sleep is her most favorite thing in the world.
  • When we go out to eat she straightens her hair and wears special makeup--that is really cute.
  • She is a really great mom--strict enough to endure tantrums and kind enough to realize that a sip of Coke won't hurt.
I love her so, so, much.

No comments: