The lesson for us this weekend we think is that both Tom and I have been incredibly lucky to have people from generations above us in our lives for so long. They got to see us grow up, find a spouse, and have children. Not many people can say that. But it also makes it a little bit extra sad because we each have lived our entire lives with them and we both grew accustomed to them always being there. It's a bit like losing a parent. It's hard when you don't feel like you got a chance to say good-bye.
Sunday, September 18, 2011
Aunt Betty
The lesson for us this weekend we think is that both Tom and I have been incredibly lucky to have people from generations above us in our lives for so long. They got to see us grow up, find a spouse, and have children. Not many people can say that. But it also makes it a little bit extra sad because we each have lived our entire lives with them and we both grew accustomed to them always being there. It's a bit like losing a parent. It's hard when you don't feel like you got a chance to say good-bye.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
2 comments:
Well said Heidi. Thank you.
What a great picture! That is how I remember Aunt Betty! I'm sad too. I so enjoyed her the little I knew her. She was the life of your wedding!!!
Post a Comment