Tuesday, October 14, 2008

A Great Night

Tuesday nights mean I have Amelia while Heidi goes to yoga. When we made the switch in the parking lot Heidi told me, "Good luck--she hasn't napped all day." Thanks for the well wishes I thought :)

She screamed until we were on 393 where we could go 55 and then she was asleep. She stayed asleep even in the driveway at home. I wanted to let her sleep so I left her in the carseat and went in to let the dog out and to feed the cats. I came back out and she was still asleep--I couldn't belive it she had never done this.

Anyway, let's move on to what made it a great night. Our feeding went well--normal. But when I put her to bed I tried something new. Instead of feeding her a bottle in the rocking chair I just gave her the bottle in the crib. She can now hang onto it by herself so as she sucked down milk I read some stories. It worked amazingly well and when she finally tossed the bottle I wrapped her up and put her to bed.

I went downstairs and Heidi was home. We talked a bit about how well it had gone and she eventually said that we should turn on the baby monitor. We turned it on and there was music playing. Amelia had turned on her mobile (a button inside the crib) by herself--awesome!

No comments: