
We woke up this morning to 6 inches of snow and a 5:30am phone call saying that we had one more day off before returning from winter vacation.
The snow is just about the lightest and fluffiest that can come down so we are getting about 2 inches an hour. I was just out covering up the grill and my best guess would be that we have at least 10 inches already.
And it is still coming down really fast and hard.
The best benefit for Heidi is that I was able to take Amelia this morning so she could get a little more sleep.
On an unrelated note--I went ice fishing this weekend. We drilled about 35 holes and didn't catch a single fish. But the real excitement was when we came back to the Red House and I took off my hat. My friend Nesbitt laughed so hard that he did that thing where you spit out your drink in a porpoise like spray. His laughter was directed square at my stupid sun tan line in the middle of my forehead. Since I am pretty much bald there was a gigantic white top to my head--like an eraser. Then from about 2 inches above my eyes and down my face looked like I had just come in from a summer life guarding job. It is such an unfortunate tan that I refuse to take a picture of it--I'll leave it to your imagination.
This is Heidi finishing up the post -- Tom couldn't finish because Amelia was screaming. I told him I have NO IDEA what it's like to want to get something done and have Amelia creating distractions... Anywho, about the tan line. It's pretty impressive. Tom made me go to Rite Aid with him yesterday so we could buy some sunless tanner in hopes of helping it even out... I can't tell if it's better yet, but the experience of standing in the sunless tanner aisle helping my husband choose the best product was pretty funny.
No comments:
Post a Comment