Sunday, September 13, 2009

Matty & Heidi's wedding - and Heidi decides to get artsy with picture taking.

There aren't any pictures of Amelia in this post - so if that's all you're here for then you can sto reading now :) This weekend our good friends Matty and Heidi got married - I was channeling my grandfather and was totally into taking pictures. So, I've included some that just show our fun from the weekend and some that I loved and actually experimented with the enhance/adjust features on iPhoto.

We started off the weekend with a stellar parking job on my part. Tom actually thought that I had effectively used my mirrors (something he reminds me of A LOT) and was impressed. I, of course, had no idea this had happened and proceeded to take several pictures. There was, I will admit, a teeny tiny scratch on our car....


The boys and our boat. They are enjoying a gin and tonic before heading off to the ceremony. Interestingly, it was the wives who suggested the gin and tonics but the boys enjoyed them as we were ferried off to arrange flowers on the pews...


The boys fish in their suits before the ceremony... The groom is the 2nd from the left. Fortunately he didn't catch anything that made him smelly for his new bride.


It was a little rainy. And we were on an island...


One of the flower arrangements that we girls tied to the edge of the pews...(while the boys had their gin and tonics...)




This is one of my favorites. The flowers girls and ring bearer head down the aisle as their mom watches.


I absolutely loved this picture but did not get the positive feedback I had expected from others who saw it :)





Tom pops in to say hello in John & Lesley's picture.



After my fun photographing I think I've decided that if I didn't have to work for money I would be a yoga instructor, wedding photographer, and novelist... but alas, I need health insurance and a steady income... ;)

2 comments:

Edie said...

I agree-don't give up your day job just yet. But the pictures are great!!!

JKG said...

Sorry I missed this.

I seem to miss a lot of the best stuff.