Saturday, June 19, 2010

Sleeping, Sophie and a Belly

Amelia took a 3 hour nap today. It was much needed by her mom who is very tired right now.

We had a great last week of school. I had one student who failed and I was sad about that--but she did skip the final. The highlight of my year was a student named Maryline who came here with her family from Ivory Coast about 5 years ago. She has learned English and has the kind of drive that is exhibited only by those who have already known major strife in their young lives. It was a pleasure to have her in class this year. I also enjoyed a student named Tom--not just because of his name. Dressed in modern day thug attire--ridiculous flat brimmed hat in bright red with a matching bright red shirt--I could easily have judged him by his choice in clothing. I'm glad that I didn't because he turned out to be a highlight of my year. Beneath his tough guy exterior he was a kid who frustrated easily when confronted with difficult material. Over the course of the year I learned how to help him and he learned to accept help from me. At the end of the year he stayed behind after the exam to shake my hand. I hope the best for him.
An old one of Sophie and Amelia--Hi Sophie!
35 Weeks. I liked that yesterday Heidi said, I've never been pregnant this long before. What a weird and cool way think of it.

No comments: