Friday, January 21, 2011

Snow day number 3

We had another snow day today - fun, yes, but also a bit tough to be trapped in our house in the middle of nowhere AGAIN. We just had one on Tuesday, after a three day weekend. Soooooo Mommy was going a little stir crazy (I did get my 3 hour nap in, though...)

Last night after picking up Amelia I decided to stop at Michael's and get some fun craft supplies to keep us busy. I came up with this bag:

I put several craft projects in there - but we only let Amelia pick one for today. (Note to self, remember to re-stock the bag). We will keep this bag in the garage so that someone won't go through it when she isn't supposed to....

Amelia picked a tub of craft "surprises" that included all kinds of markers, crayons, make your own stickers, clay, scissors, etc... She enjoyed it for about a half hour (but did keep going back to it throughout the day, fortunately).


Then I decided to make my own play-doh. I research recipes online and found one - we didn't have cream of tartar but I did it anyway. It worked but was a little bit sticky. Fortunately Amelia loved it and kept saying, "Wow! It is so gooey!"

And Zoë? What did she do? She sat on the kitchen floor and played with this spoon for a half hour. Ohhhhh the easy baby...

No comments: