Last night Zoë was crying after I put her to bed and so Amelia said to me, "I will go check on her." She headed on upstairs and the crying stopped. I was fixing something in the kitchen and after about 5 minutes thought I'd go see what was going on. As I am heading up the stairs I hear lots of squealing and then Amelia said, "Let's wrestle."
I turn the corner into the room and see this:

Zoë saw me come into the room and let out a huge high pitched shriek of excitement. If I could have translated for her it would have been "MOM, AMELIA CAME AND GOT IN MY BED AND IS PLAYING WITH ME AFTER YOU LEFT!" She was so unbelievably happy and thrilled - it was as though she knew it was special and that she knew they were being naughty. I laughed with her and was so happy to see them together like this. I immediately yelled downstairs and said, "Daddy, you'd better get up here and see these girls!"

BOINGGGGGGGGGG!!!!

Amelia said, "Let's cuddle."
My heart still swells with joy when I look at these pictures, which, interestingly, are a bit fuzzy from the iPhone because SOMEONE was using our digital camera last night and put it "away" on a shelf somewhere... That someone just turned 3...
2 comments:
That is the cutest!!!!
Yay! We went through a bad sibling adjustment period that you don't seem to have gone through. You are SO LUCKY!
Post a Comment