Saturday, September 17, 2011

"Jolly old st. nicholas..."

This picture makes me smile so much! This toy plays the song "Jolly Old St. Nicholas" while those cats on it move around. It was a gift to my grandmother from two of my cousins and she kept it in her living room. Last summer every time we went to her apartment Amelia would run over and play with it. After she died I asked if I could bring it home for her. At some point this winter it made its way out into the garage and when I re-discovered it this summer I brought it out for the kids and they love it. Zoë is obsessed with it but angry she can't turn it on herself; Amelia likes to be possessive of it and not share it with her sister... Nonetheless, I am so happy when I see them playing with it because it reminds me of my grandmother and I know she'd have loved to see them playing like this.

2 comments:

Ohio Irwin's said...

But I see Zoe clutching a knife there. She's going to teach Amelia to share. hehe Love this. We have a penguine that sings Feliz Navidad. He will not be making an appearance until Christmas!

Grammie said...

Thanks, Heidi!