Tuesday, October 14, 2008

Sleeping Beauty


I thought this picture went well with Tom's post below. I took it this morning during her only nap of the day. She loves being cuddled up next to soft things while she sleeps. This picture also shows all the rules we have broken in her crib. You're not supposed to have bumpers or blankets in cribs anymore - but she sleeps better with both. And our doctor said she's big and strong enough now that it's okay. Good thing because when we initially took the bumpers off we were going in 3-4 times a night to pull her arms or legs out of the crib slats. I finally put them back on in a moment of frustration at 3 am - and from then on she started sleeping better. So we think she likes to feel boxed in. It's also cute to find her "playing" with the characters on it :)

1 comment:

Lesley Nesbitt said...

We left Hunter's bumpers on until he was nearly two years old! He loved them too. And he's always had blankets. Oh, that old folk wisdom.