Sunday, October 26, 2008

Yoda Takes a Break


First it must be noted that we have gone over 200 posts. A cool but somewhat disturbing milestone. Heidi and I were hiking the other day and were trying to remember when Gooch had come to visit last year. We went back and forth about one weekend or the other and finally said, "You know what? We could go back to the blog and see the exact time." It is an odd era that we have entered with this constancy of communication. I look forward to seeing what we think of it in 20 years or so. Every kid will not have a dearth of information about their early years but rather a flood--what will they do with it all?
Our friend Chip took this photo on our hike of Mt. Moosilauke last week. The mountatin begins with a very steep first mile that has many human-made stair steps. Yoda is good at going up stairs but not down. As I was hiking up I became very worried as the stairs went on and on--I had no idea how I would get Yoda down the moutain.

We hiked to the summit, lunched and turned back. Yoda continued to do well until we reached the stairs. At that point he had little interest in continuing. The pitch was so steep that there was no way I could carry him and make it safely down myself so the solution pictured is what happened.
He was calm the whole way down and once again proved that he is a very good dog.

1 comment:

Mary said...

That photo is great - - love a cute puppy in a backpack!