Saturday, February 7, 2009

Hiking Weekend


We had a hiking day today. I couldn't do much to help Heidi with a sick Amelia but I could take Yoda away for the day.



We began the day early--at midnight. Grammie came in and told us that her dog Champ and Yoda had run off. She had been looking for them for an hour and had almost gotten stuck on a snowy road. I got dressed, spent 10 minutes trying to find my glasses and then went out to start my car. While this happened Edie had gone out in her car again. As I was leaving the house Heidi said why don't you just call for him.

I gave one call--a bark responded.

I gave another--another bark.

In about 30 seconds they came back.

But now we had lost Grammie. We tried calling her cell phone but there isn't great reception near her house. We finally found her and we all went back to bed.

Amelia was now screaming and continued to scream for about an hour. I told Heidi to go sleep on the couch and finally Amelia calmed down--for a while. She was up again at 4am and I sustained her screaming for about 45 minutes when I realized that I was clenching my jaw so much that it hurt. I got Heidi and we traded off.



The rest of the day went very well. The dogs ran like crazy, the views were good and we had a great lunch at Biederman's.


For all of the pictures from hiking to ice fishing later in the day--check this out.
http://picasaweb.google.com/crumlives/FishingDerbyWeekend2009?authkey=3KFlRGTheCY##


No comments: