Sunday, May 24, 2009

New Grill

This post is for Uncle Scott--who is not my uncle but is Heidi's uncle.

Last night we had some problems with the old grill which was purchased by Uncle Scott and Aunt Liz (continuing with the theme she also is not my but Heidi's aunt.) Scott chose a grill which suited his requirements of an expansive grilling surface.

The old grill was a Char Broil--a solid grill and one that served the family well for many years. But after those years it looked like this.
The new grill is a Weber Genesis Platinum and it looks like this...

The new grill has a grilling space of 637 sq. in. and the old one had a grilling space of about 500 sq. in. In burger language that means 40 burgers v. 31. Also the old grill was only 12 inches deep but the new grill is 15 inches deep.

And it is very shiny.

2 comments:

Mary said...

Yay for new shiny grills! Happy Summer! I'll be right over for a burger.. : )

JKG said...

Hey man -- Sorry I never got back to you; we were taking a break in New Orleans. Jamie was there for a conference and I went down to meet her for the long weekend.

It was fun while it lasted, but I was so immediately stressed out when I got back, it might have been better never to have gone.

Hope you're having fun at the lake. If you know when you'll be back (that early fall trip you do), and still think having friends would be good, let me know asap and I'll try to set aside a few days.