Saturday, May 14, 2011

A trip to the aquarium!

On Friday, my 9th grade team took a field trip to the aquarium and I decided to bring Amelia along. A colleague of mine once commented that there are few personal perks for your family when you're a teacher and so when you see one, be sure to go for it. I decided to do just that when this opportunity presented itself. Amelia had A BLAST. My students loved her and this was really a special fun trip for the two of us...

Before going, she informed me that she would NOT be touching a sting ray. I said that was fine.


We got there and went straight to the touch tank - she stared down that darn sting ray but had no interest in touching it.


Then we went and checked out some awesome fish in the big tank...


This turtle was my favorite and we had to chase it to get a picture that included both Amelia and the turtle.


After the IMAX movie we ate our lunch outside and Amelia saw this big fake sting ray. She touched it... and then decided she wanted to go back and try to touch a real sting ray. SHE DID! It was awesome - I was very proud of her and she is still talking about "When I touched 'ting ray!"



Amelia shows off her new backpack that she conned me into buying at the aquarium store. It is pretty darn cute. Here she is checking out the penguins and she informed me that this room "has a very very bad 'mell (smell)." She was right. It stunk in there.

Getting ready to head back on the school bus... that was a dream come true for her!

No comments: