Saturday, April 5, 2008

Moving things around for Amelia

5 April 2008

I have been working on moving some things around for Amelia. We needed to make space for all of the new baby gear that we have received and for us to simply live here. I was going to do all of this work while Amelia was still inside of Heidi but that plan didn't work out.

First is our "study." The corner of this room was torn out in the summer because I had to replace the corner post holding up the house. I credit this work to Gooch because it was with him that I discovered that part of our roof angled toward this corner causing water, over the years, to seep in and rot the corner support of the house. So I basically had to take the old one out and replace it with a new one. (If you are reading about our house for the first time this may seem like a shockingly big repair but I assure you--we find out things like this all the time.) If you look closely you can see that I did not do a very good job of color matching the paint.

















A view sitting in the rocking chair, looking out past our wall of books and into the living room.







Doing construction with a baby also requries the occasional time out. This may look like a cute picture but she is just looking around to if I have any "feeding stations."

I also put together the new gliding rocking chair for the babies room. We needed to make space for the useful but gigantic swing so we moved the living room around. And we decided that we should have some kind of dinner table so we rearragned the Lion room a bit.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

This is quite the domestic picture(s). In the end, I think replacing the post was the right thing. Sadly, no one will know but you.