Tuesday, September 2, 2008

Heidi

In our posts here we have tried to focus on Amelia. But to be honest sometimes Amelia doesn't do much and our postings become, "travels with Amelia." You could actually do the same thing with a bowling ball--although you wouldn't have as many diaper stories.

For this post though I would like to talk just about Heidi. While I do pitch in a little by taking Amelia some nights so Heidi can go out and by cooking dinner on some nights. It is important for all to know that it is Heidi that does all of the really hard work. One of the reasons that I'm having such a good year at work is probably the realization that staying home with an infant is more difficult than teaching a class of 25 unruly 10th graders. Heidi does all the night feedings and almost all of the worrying. She reads all of the books twice while I read a quarter of some of them.

And this weekend she is letting me go to our friend Dan and Whitney's wedding and she is staying home with dog and baby. We thought about both going and that didn't work logistically and we thought about neither of us going. With the later option Heidi realized, because she is so kind and sensitive, how important my friends are and that I would be very sad to miss Dan getting married. So on this one she once again and like she always does took the hard job while I get to do something fun.

Just wanted it noted that I realize how great she is and the amazing job she does with Amelia, Yoda and me.

No comments: