Yesterday was a big day here at crumthekid -- we (actually, Heidi) purchased a new digital camera, which means it will be a day or two before we get new pictures posted as we figure it out. I am very proud of myself for the purchase. On Friday, I accidentally broke our other camera - does anyone ever do it purposefully? Anyway, I had placed it on top of the tv and when I was NOWHERE NEAR the tv it slipped off the top and fell about a foot and a half. And it was broken forever. So, I went to Concord Camera to see if I could get it fixed and was told it would cost more to fix our 5 year old camera than it would to get a new one. So, I bought one that can be dropped from up to 5 feet and still survive the fall. Our friend Gooch pointed out that since I am just over 5 feet tall, I can successfully drop it while photographing and it will still make it. I hope not to do this, but knowing my klutzy nature, it's a good safety net. This camera can also be submerged in up to 15 feet of water - again, don't know when we'll do this, but we could drop it off the dock at Lake George and it would not be ruined.
Be patient in waiting for some new pictures - hopefully we'll surprise you and figure this new camera out soon!
No comments:
Post a Comment