Not to quibble with my dear wife on Valentine's Day but I'm not sure that she accurately represented Amelia's first word fragment.
While most dictionary sites agree with Heidi's use of \gu\ to describe Amelia's sound I want to make sure that you all weren't thinking that Amelia was saying goo, goo, goo. Which could be the interpretation of GU, GU, GU.
In fact the noise Amelia is making sounds more to me more like gah, gah, gah. But the exact sound can be replicated if you pronounce the word gutter and just drop the -tter.
I knew you would all need this explanation for your cocktail chatter/square dance chatter tonight so I got it out ASAP.
Side Note: Congratulations to our friends Tucker and Liz and Haley and Walker who are having their engagement party tonight. We wish we could be with them in Charlottesville.
3 comments:
Gu Gu Gu means GRAMMIE of course! Dogs....I don't think so. Guuurrruuumie it is. Dog would have some sort of dddd sound I think.
Guh?
Also, do you Yahoo, or should I be using something else?
Post a Comment