Well, tomorrow, I (Heidi) head back to work after having been lucky enough to stay home with Amelia for the first 17 months of her life. I have many emotions (and stomach pains) about this but I do think it will be the best for both of us. Even though I am very sad that this year that felt like it would never end (both good and bad :)) has actually come to an end, I am also excited. I am said that it won't just be the two of us every day, that we won't get to nap on the couch together (actually that was a rare occurrence, but in my memories it can be an every day occurrence), we won't get to go out to lunch together, or to the park, or on long walks with Yoda... but of course we can still do those things together. Truth is, I was restless home alone all day and felt like both Amelia and I were bored. She craves social interaction and new things and practically went crazy with excitement the day we visited her preschool. I really just wish I could go with her when she does those things - but not have to be the one in charge organizing all of it! I think that is just want being a parent is, though - you want to be with them all of the time but part of your job is letting them go and do life on their own. Strange to talk about letting a 17 month old go... But she's ready. (according to state law, however, she won't be ready until Sept. 16 when she is officially 18 months old... so until then grammie and her best friend michael's daddy will be watching her...)Also, I am really excited to be going back to school - I missed my friends, the kids (most of them...haha), the routines, the energy, the intellectual stimulation. I am sure by tomorrow night I"ll be exited for summer vacation 2010, but right now I really am excited to be back in the classroom. I'm also super nervous and have had a sensitive tummy all day - and I've had a tough time planning lessons because I am having a mental block about the whole thing. But I think once I get going again it will happen again...
So this is long enough - wish us luck as we encounter this new transition as a family! We're all definitely ready, but the transition is always the hardest part...
2 comments:
I also have a tough time with the "letting go," and am always amazed at how well we all did when I do. ;)
Good luck!
Good luck! I'll be thinking of you!
Post a Comment