Today both girls had surgery to have tubes placed in their ears. It was a decision that came with a lot of thought and conversations with each other and different doctors, but ultimately we decided it was the best choice for them. Both have had over 6 ear infections since November, both have residual fluid in their ears, and both have had hearing loss as a result. We figured if we did them together we could just get it over with and be done with it - so today was a bit exhausting (mostly for Mom and Dad) but everything went well and we couldn't be happier with our decision.

I suited up to take the kids into the OR and sit with them until they were asleep. They took Zoë first; I came back out and waited with Amelia and then went back in with her when they were done with Zoë.

Amelia is a sassy pants in her scrub hat... She did great; we are so proud of her - it was not easy for her but she did it.
They can't go back to school / daycare until Monday so tomorrow they are spending part of the day with their Grammie and then I'll leave work early, and then on Friday Tom gets to stay home with them for the whole day - he's already started resting up to prepare!

1 comment:
Poor babies, I am glad they did well! how tough for all of you.
Post a Comment