Wednesday, August 6, 2008

Bizzaro Amelia

How does a kid this cute still spend hours at a time crying?

Our friend Emily Elliott, who has 3 young kids of her own, put forward a theory that there are actually two Crumrine kids. There is cute Amelia that is out during most of the day, at parties, in front of everyone and basically any time non-parents are watching. Then there is fussy Amelia, sort of the bizarro Superman of baby world, that cries and fusses and basically makes life tough--but only when no one is watching.

This is the Amelia that we saw the night before we left for home. Luckily Chris and Laura have a big house so I was able to go down to their finished basement (ahh imagine a finished basement--ours is similar to a prison from the 15th century) and walk back and forth to calm Amelia. This sadly began at 1:30 am and lasted until 3:30. Not bad but we had to wake up at 4am to go to the airport so we didn't get that much sleep.

On a related note when we were home in Tiffin I took Amelia out in my parents front drive to walk back and forth to put her to sleep. This wound up taking longer than I had hoped and when I had been walking back and forth for 1/2 an hour I tried to think of something that I could do to pass the time. I decided that I would calculate how far I was walking. So I paced off the drive, estimated how many times I had done walked it and then multiplied. Between 1 mile and 1.5 miles is how much I walked. I suppose that's how I lost my baby weight. 10 pounds so far.

1 comment:

Edie said...

Well Heidi outgrew all that so I think you are on the road to recovery. Amelia will sleep and quit crying-at least her mom did! I think it may have happened sometime in high school. Hence, my interest in coffee.
Love you all,
Grammie