We are enjoying a fantastic weekend at Lake George.
Amelia loves swimming in her floating toy and the weather has been pretty good.
It is Amelia's 5 month birthday today and it also her Uncle Vanya's birthday too. I think we might be having cake and ice cream tonight.
Not going very well is Amelia's teething situation. She seems to be having a tough time of it and my mother tells me that I got my teeth in my 5th month so this is expected. This morning I drove to Rite Aid and bought baby tylenol, a teething ring and baby orajel to combat the problem. So far she really seems to like the teething ring. You put it in the freezer for a few hours and then she gnaws on it for 1/2 an hour or so.
We watched Scott and Olya sail. The winds weren't too consistent but I think they had fun. And right now Vanya is out in our little 16 foot Penn Yann. Come to think of it he has been gone for a while. Hmmm? I'm sure he's OK.
Oh--when I was in town today I stopped by McDonald's and had their new breakfast chicken sandwich--not recommended. It was dry, so difficult to masticate and improperly seasoned. Sausage is seasoned but in a good way that makes the day better. This sandwich is seasoned in a way to make you want to buy a new toothbrush and some mouth rinse. What I really could have gone for is a treat that I had when we were in Columbus a few weeks ago. Mac's Cafe (which is actually a bar not a cafe) has what is called a scotch egg. They take a hard boiled egg, wrap it in crumbled bacon, dip that in breading and then deep fry the whole thing. It isn't something you want to eat that often--I've only had 3 or 4 life time--but it is quite a tasty treat.
1 comment:
Pictures????
Love, Grammie
Post a Comment