Thursday, September 4, 2008

Day Two of Isolation

It's Heidi here reporting from my second day of flying solo with Amelia and Yoda. I don't have any new pictures to share because Tom has the camera - hopefully someone took pictures of him trying to surf... and maybe some video :) Things that I have done/have occurred in Tom's absence:
1. Cleaned out the cabinet below our bathroom sink which overflowed with water and has become a mildew/mold breeding ground. I called Tom to let him know he'd be installing a new sink/vanity when he returns.
2. Panicked about Amelia's bug bites because an encephalitis mosquito virus was detected about a mile from our house yesterday and is all over the news.
3. Began taking Amelia's temperature obsessively because of said virus. It was slightly high and called the doctor who said to "monitor her." Also said it's probably high because of teething or a normal virus as she is perfectly happy, playing, and eating more food than she ever has - so it's probably not the dreaded virus.
4. Became obsessive about "monitoring" the temperature and took it about 30 times this afternoon - I am not exagerrating. She does not seem to mind a thermometer in her bum.
5. Went to Target to buy a new thermometer because I did not like various readings I was getting.
6. Came home and continued to take her temperature, this time comparing it with the FOUR thermometers we now have in our house. So that means I took her temperature with each of them within a few minutes and compared notes. She really didn't seem to mind.
7. Took her outside with Yoda but only after wrapping her in the mosquito bug netting that goes over the car seat. She also did not seem to mind that and just tried to eat it.

Hopefully tomorrow I will be a bit more calm :) Only 3 more days 'til Tom comes home!

2 comments:

Edie said...

I think you get the OCD from me. I would be doing the same thing. See you tonight!!!
xoxooxoxox
GrammIE

John Nesbitt said...

All I have to say is that if Amelia ever ends up in therapy, you should probably mention the time you took her rectal temperature 30 times in an afternoon.