21 March 2008
I wouldn't say I'm all that tired--but I am disoriented. Because Amelia is a preemie we have to set our alarm to wake up to feed her--rather than her providing a vocal alarm. Last night the alarm goes off and I jump to action--plugging in the breast pump, unwrapping Amelia from her blankets, changing the diaper. This while Heidi organizes her pillows and gets herself ready to feed Amelia. While Heidi fed Amelia, I went downstairs and washed some dishes and moved some laundry around. Also, since it was the last feeding of the night I got the coffee brewing.
Back upstairs I look at the clock and ask Heidi if the reading, 12:30am was correct. It was. I had just somehow imagined 3 other feedings--I swore they happened. I'm drinking said coffee right now--its not too bad warmed up. Like I said, disoriented.
By the way for those of you at The Smoking Gun, what I just told was an approximation of what really happened. I'm so disoriented that I can't vouch for even my own details of a story that happened a few hours ago.
This video is of Amelia waking up this morning. Listen closely at the very end. Sorry it is so dark--I didn't turn the lights on.
Details for today:
- We learned that Amelia's billirubin levels are in the OK range. This means that she does not need to be tested again.
- Our next visit with the visiting nurse will be on Tuesday.
- We are having ham for Easter.
- Amelia is eating well at the breast, on the breast or in the vicinity of the actual breast, meaning that we do not need to pipette/bird style feed her as much--this is a good sign.
- The beer fridge is now almost completely filled with milk.
- Breast milk is more yellow than I imagined. The freezer looks like it is filled with yellow pudding pops.
No comments:
Post a Comment