20 March 2008
Today our great friend John Nesbitt surprised us with a visit to our house. He brought some great books, a velveteen rabbit and a great bottle of bourbon. One of those gifts was for me.

We were also visited today by the visiting nurse. She took a blood sample from Amelia that will be used to check her billirubin levels. She is a little orange, which is a sign of jaundice, but she is eating and pooping (a lot on both counts) and those are signs of not having jaundice. We will look at it day to day but the signs look good so far.
I learned a little about post partum emotions in the middle of the night last night. While many of you were sleeping I went to get Heidi some water while she fed Amelia. At the hospital she had been given a water bottle that she had used through labor and in the days after. It had been by her side the whole time. Well, when I screwed on the cap I broke it. I went upstairs to tell Heidi and she looked at me as though I had killed one of our cats then she weakly said, "Can we get a new lid?" It is clear that I will have to find a way to get a new one of those bottles.
Today our great friend John Nesbitt surprised us with a visit to our house. He brought some great books, a velveteen rabbit and a great bottle of bourbon. One of those gifts was for me.

We were also visited today by the visiting nurse. She took a blood sample from Amelia that will be used to check her billirubin levels. She is a little orange, which is a sign of jaundice, but she is eating and pooping (a lot on both counts) and those are signs of not having jaundice. We will look at it day to day but the signs look good so far.
I learned a little about post partum emotions in the middle of the night last night. While many of you were sleeping I went to get Heidi some water while she fed Amelia. At the hospital she had been given a water bottle that she had used through labor and in the days after. It had been by her side the whole time. Well, when I screwed on the cap I broke it. I went upstairs to tell Heidi and she looked at me as though I had killed one of our cats then she weakly said, "Can we get a new lid?" It is clear that I will have to find a way to get a new one of those bottles.
No comments:
Post a Comment